As a French native speaker, performer, musician, artist, teacher and coach I created Expression Dramatique. A workshop which boosts self-confidence speaking a foreign language and promoting wellbeing through creativity, self-expression and movement techniques. I mainly focus on languages, drama and relaxation movements, including yoga and qi gong exercises.
Drama can help to develop children, young people’s speech, language and communication skills. With these skills we can engage and thrive, enabling us to learn, achieve, make friends and interact with the world around us.
Expression Dramatique – How does it work?
It gives students a “can do” attitude towards speaking French. It activates vocabulary and grammar learned in class.
For those who lack confidence, they can begin with scripts and smaller speaking roles, building up to writing their own sketches based on guided improvisation.
Students who feel more confident can start by devising their own short sketches with guided improvisation and move onto longer and more complex scenarios.
It is all about student participation, I will enable them to grow in confidence.
Drama is even more serious fun when you can use it in a foreign language. Eddie Izzard is one example
Students are required to commit, develop, structure, write, rehearse, and present brief plays as a group language-learning activity.
Who is it for?
- Admission level: primary schools, GCSE A-LEVELS
- For amateurs who want to refresh their French and improve their communication skills and for students who want to revise their French in a fun, supportive and safe environment.
- Workshops are tailored up to 20 students.
At your school or at your home.
On Thursdays evening from 5 to 6.30 pm.
How much ?
There are three available options:
- £10 each class for 10 sessions paid in advance (1 term approx)
- £7.50 each class for monthly payments
- £20 each for the pay as you go
(Unfortunately, we are unable to reimburse or report any classes missed by the student. Once paid for and started the course is non refundable).
There are no audition or interview to enrol. You need to be able to speak some French unprepared by yourself for at least 3 minutes. You need to fill in the application form in French and send it back to the company office with you £20 deposit payment which will guarantee you a place on the course. The deposit will be deducted from your first payment after the first class. (A bank transfer is also possible; cheques are payable to Expression Dramatique)
If you’re unsure we do let people watch a class so you can assess if its suitable for you – this is also the reason why we have a pay as you go class. The students are required to commit to the whole course as there is a performance at the end of the course.
What are the benefits?
- It gives students the opportunity to use what they’ve learnt in class
- It gives confidence in speaking French in a fun environment
- It would appeal to students who learn by doing ( kinaesthetic learners) and also encourage those who are reluctant to speak in class. It would develop the high flyers even further.
- There is something for everyone
- Speaking is the most challenging part of learning a language.
WORKSHOPS for schools: